Heart vs Behavior
Jesus taught that outward behavior comes from what's inside us. So Encounter Coaching focuses on the heart of the matter: the unmet desires (for love, security, significance, etc.) that drive our behavior, and the beliefs that guard those desires.
Emotional vs Rational Brain
The goals-and-actions methodology of mainstream coaching works--IF you're dealing with rational brain problems. But what gets us really stuck (our fears and foibles, wrong beliefs, or defense mechanisms) happens in our emotional brains. That's where Encounter Coaching shines!
Encounter vs Self-Discipline
Using self-discipline to keep the lid on what's in your heart is a losing battle. So Encounter coaching deploys a powerful set of tools to create experiential encounters with Jesus--right in your coaching sessions--to produce transformational change.
Plan Your Training
Set up a time with a MetaFormation team member to customize a workshop training schedule that will work best for you.
78 Lessons $199.00
Foundations of Encounter Coaching
Change the way you communicate, lead, and help others grow with the transforming power of the coaching approach. This e-course features 7 hours of coaching demos, 5 live practice hours and much more. From Master Coach Tony Stoltzfus.
7 Lessons $587.00
Transforming the Heart
Starting with an amazing Taste of Heaven encounter, Transforming the Heart unfolds the workings of the human heart You'll learn the MetaFormation Heart Model, how to work with beliefs and deep desires, coaching the emotional brain, and much more!
7 Lessons $687.00
Living From the Heart
Living from the Heart is an amazing experience of meeting God in your life story and finding he has been involved in your life in ways you never dreamed.
7 Lessons $587.00
Coaching the Heart
Coaching the Heart rewrites your story from heaven's perspective, reframing the pain and difficulty life dishes out through the redemptive eyes of eternity. Includes a powerful Taste of Heaven experience, coaching tools and more!
19 Lessons $425.00
Mentor Coaching: Transforming the Heart
Receive specific encouragement and feedback on skills you learn in Transforming the Heart in these seven 90 minute mentor coaching sessions with a Leadership Metaformation facilitator.
MetaFormation Encounter Coach training gives you more: more hours with certified trainers, more mentor coaching, more peer practice sessions... Our full certification program costs less than most others while offering much more:
- 10 full days of in-person training in three amazing workshops
- Our exclusive Taste of Heaven encounters
- Over 30 hours of group mentor coaching sessions
- 24 weekly, structured peer practice sessions
- 10 locations around the world where you can get trained--and more on the way!
- Weekly online workshop options if you can't travel to a location in person
- Three paperback, 80-page course manuals
- A total of 107 live instructor contact hours (many competing programs offer half of that, or even less!)
At half the cost of the full certification, you'll get:
- The Transforming the Heart and Living from the Heart courses (48 instructor hours in two workshops)
- 16 weeks of peer practice sessions
- 21 hours of Mentor Coaching
The diagram above shows a timeline of what's required to complete the full version of the Encounter Coaching Certification program (we also offer a Continuing Ed version for existing coaches who want further training). In short, there are four main courses (the left column). We strongly recommend taking Foundations of Encounter Coaching first--the other three can be taken in any order.
Each course has a peer practice component that follows it (the second column). The final three courses feature a set of group Mentor Coaching sessions (3rd column) that parallel the peer practice sessions. During this time, trainees are accumulating coaching experience hours (4th column), both inside the certification program and with your own coaching clients. when you've accumulated the required 100 hours, you submit the coaching hours worksheet and go through our graduation ceremony!
Here's a listing of the main requirements with an estimate of the number of classroom and homework hours required for each:
- The on-line Foundations of Encounter Coaching course, plus the live practice sessions (20 hours).
- Three core workshops: Transforming the Heart, Coaching the Heart and Living from the Heart. These can be taken in any order (20-24 hours each).
- An 8-week, virtual peer practice process immediately follows each workshop (12 hours each).
- During the follow-up you'll also participate in bi-weekly Mentor Coaching calls--there's a set of seven 90-minute calls with each core course (21 calls equaling 31.5 hours total).
- Accumulate and document 100 hours of coaching experience
- Read the required books for each core course and pass a course quiz.
Continuing Ed Version
If you are already a coach and want to add Encounter Coaching to your toolkit, you can take our Continuing Education certification. You get credit for the basic coaching skills you already have, and don't have to repeat them. Continuing Ed participants complete the following:
Want to know more? Check out these resources: