Heart vs Behavior
Jesus taught that outward behavior comes from what's inside us. So Encounter Coaching focuses on the heart of the matter: the unmet desires (for love, security, significance, etc.) that drive our behavior, and the beliefs that guard those desires.
Emotional vs Rational Brain
The goals-and-actions methodology of mainstream coaching works--IF you're dealing with rational brain problems. But what gets us really stuck (our fears and foibles, wrong beliefs, or defense mechanisms) happens in our emotional brains. That's where Encounter Coaching shines!
Encounter vs Self-Discipline
Using self-discipline to keep the lid on what's in your heart is a losing battle. So Encounter coaching deploys a powerful set of tools to create experiential encounters with Jesus--right in your coaching sessions--to produce transformational change.
Plan Your Training
Set up a time with a MetaFormation team member to customize a workshop training schedule that will work best for you.
11 Lessons $587.00
Transforming the Heart
Starting with an amazing Taste of Heaven encounter, Transforming the Heart unfolds the workings of the human heart You'll learn the MetaFormation Heart Model, how to work with beliefs and deep desires, coaching the emotional brain, and much more!
8 Lessons $587.00
Coaching the Heart
Coaching the Heart rewrites your story from heaven's perspective, reframing the pain and difficulty life dishes out through the redemptive eyes of eternity. Includes a powerful Taste of Heaven experience, coaching tools and more!
19 Lessons $425.00
Mentor Coaching: Transforming the Heart
Receive specific encouragement and feedback on skills you learn in Transforming the Heart in these seven 90 minute mentor coaching sessions with a Leadership Metaformation facilitator.
8 Lessons $425.00
Mentor Coaching: Coaching the Heart
Receive specific encouragement and feedback on skills you learn in Coaching the Heart in these seven 90 minute mentor coaching sessions with a Leadership Metaformation facilitator.
2 Lessons Free
Track Your Coaching Hours
Get the worksheet for tracking your coaching hours, then submit you completed worksheet here when you're done.
At over $1000 less than the cost of the full certification, you'll get:
- The Transforming the Heart and Living from the Heart courses (48 instructor hours in two workshops)
- 16 weeks of peer practice sessions
- 21 hours of Mentor Coaching
If you don't already have a coaching certification, MetaFormation Encounter Coach training gives you more: more hours with certified trainers, more mentor coaching, more peer practice sessions... Our full certification program costs less than most others while offering much more:
- 10 full days of in-person training in three amazing workshops
- Our exclusive Taste of Heaven encounters
- Over 30 hours of group mentor coaching sessions
- 24 weekly, structured peer practice sessions
- 10 locations around the world where you can get trained--and more on the way!
- Weekly online workshop options if you can't travel to a location in person
- Three paperback, 80-page course manuals
- A total of 107 live instructor contact hours (many competing programs offer half of that, or even less!)
If you are already a coach and want to add Encounter Coaching to your toolkit, you can take our Continuing Education certification. You get credit for the basic coaching skills you already have, and don't have to repeat them. Continuing Ed participants complete the following:
Do I Qualify for the Continuing Ed Version?
This option is for people who are already certified coaches. To qualify to choose the Continuing Ed version of the Encounter Coaching Certification, you must have:
- Completed a Coaching Certification program from another recognized coach training school and received a Coaching Certification. Any school which meets the ICF or CCNI requirements qualifies, as do others that have similar requirements for instructor contact hours.
- Completed at least 80 coaching experience hours (usually required by reputable certification programs).
What DOESN'T Qualify
Training which does NOT qualify under these standards includes:
- Counseling, consulting or therapy credentials.
- A postgraduate degree in a related field.
- Coach training events or classes that do not result in an official certification.
- A certification program you began but did not complete.
- Training not conducted by an actual coach training school that offers certification.
- "You've been coaching all your life."
- Certification programs that don't roughly meet industry standards--for instance, self-study courses with no instructor contact or live component, 2-day workshops that give you a certification (you can't learn this in two days!), etc.
- The instructor is not a “Certified Coach” - usually in university settings or instructor is a friend
Want to know more? Check out these resources: