Heart vs Behavior
Jesus taught that outward behavior comes from what's inside us. So Encounter Coaching focuses on the heart of the matter: the unmet desires (for love, security, significance, etc.) that drive our behavior, and the beliefs that guard those desires.
Emotional vs Rational Brain
The goals-and-actions methodology of mainstream coaching works--IF you're dealing with rational brain problems. But what gets us really stuck (our fears and foibles, wrong beliefs, or defense mechanisms) happens in our emotional brains. That's where Encounter Coaching shines!
Encounter vs Self-Discipline
Using self-discipline to keep the lid on what's in your heart is a losing battle. So Encounter coaching deploys a powerful set of tools to create experiential encounters with Jesus--right in your coaching sessions--to produce transformational change.
All Courses, Coaching Certification
Encounter Coaching Certification
Get a professional certification in the transformational discipline of Encounter Coaching! Learn how to use the coaching approach to get to the heart of the issue, then see Jesus walk into the room and speak directly to the person's deepest desires.
Foundations of Encounter Coaching | Independent Study
Change the way you communicate, lead, and help others grow with the transforming power of the coaching approach. This e-course bundle features 7 hours of coaching demos, a 5-hour live practice webinar and much more. From Master Coach Tony Stoltzfus.2 Courses $199.00
6 Lessons $587.00
Transforming the Heart
Starting with an amazing Taste of Heaven encounter, Transforming the Heart unfolds the workings of the human heart You'll learn the MetaFormation Heart Model, how to work with beliefs and deep desires, coaching the emotional brain, and much more!
18 Lessons $425.00
Mentor Coaching: Living from the Heart
Receive specific encouragement and feedback on skills you learn in Living From the Heart in these seven 90 minute mentor coaching sessions with a Leadership Metaformation facilitator.
0 Lessons Free
Upcoming events from Certified MetaFormation Trainers, including on-line courses, webinars and our amazing in-person Workshops
MetaFormation coach training gives you more: more hours with certified trainers, more mentor coaching, more peer practice sessions... Our full certification program costs less than most others while offering much more:
- 10 full days of in-person training in three amazing workshops
- Our exclusive Taste of Heaven encounters
- Over 30 hours of group mentor coaching sessions
- 24 weekly, structured peer practice sessions
- 10 locations around the world where you can get trained--and more on the way!
- Three paperback, 80-page course manuals
- A total of 107 live instructor contact hours (many competing programs offer half of that, or even less!)
At half the cost of the full certification, you'll get:
- The Transforming the Heart and Living from the Heart courses (6-1/2 live days in two workshops)
- 16 weeks of peer practice sessions
- 13 hours of Mentor Coaching
The diagram above shows a timeline of what's required to complete the full version of the Encounter Coaching Certification program (we also offer a Continuing Ed version for existing coaches who want further training). In short, there are four main courses (the left column). We strongly recommend taking Foundations of Encounter Coaching first--the other three can be taken in any order.
Each course has a peer practice component that follows it (the second column). The final three courses feature a set of group Mentor Coaching sessions (3rd column) that parallel the peer practice sessions. During this time, trainees are accumulating coaching experience hours (4th column), both inside the certification program and with your own coaching clients. when you've accumulated the required 100 hours, you submit the coaching hours worksheet and go through our graduation ceremony!
Here's a listing of the main requirements with an estimate of the number of classroom and homework hours required for each:
- The on-line Foundations of Encounter Coaching course, plus the live practice sessions (20 hours).
- Three core workshops: Transforming the Heart, Coaching the Heart and Living from the Heart. These can be taken in any order (20-24 hours each).
- An 8-week, virtual peer practice process immediately follows each workshop (12 hours each).
- During the follow-up you'll also participate in bi-weekly Mentor Coaching calls--there's a set of seven 90-minute calls with each core course (21 calls equalling 31.5 hours total).
- Accumulate and document 100 hours of coaching experience
- Read the required books for each core course and pass a course quiz.
Continuing Ed Version
If you are already a coach and want to add Encounter Coaching to your toolkit, you can take our Continuing Education certification. You get credit for the basic coaching skills you already have, and don't have to repeat them. Continuing Ed participants complete the following:
Want to know more? Check out these resources:
We've designed Encounter Coaching Certification with a built in payment plan that makes it even easier to get on board. You pay half down at the start when you purchase the Encounter Coaching Certification Program. Then each time you register for a required core workshop (like this one), you pay one of our certified trainers for that course. Since you can take those workshops at whatever pace you want, you can spread out your payments to match your budget.
So for the Full Certification, you'll pay this way:
- 1/2 down (to Leadership MetaFormation for the ECC)
- 1/6 for your first workshop (to your LM trainer)
- 1/6 for your second workshop (to your LM trainer)
- 1/6 for your third workshop (to your LM trainer)
For the Continuing Ed Certification, it breaks down like this:
- 1/3 down (to Leadership MetaFormation for the ECC)
- 1/3 for your first workshop (to your LM trainer)
- 1/3 for your second workshop (to your LM trainer)